If you want to buy a treadmill, there are a few features you should take into account first to make sure that you select the best treadmill for you. The perfect treadmill is not necessarily expensive. There are lots of treadmills that are cheaper. What you need to do is hunt for the best treadmill under 500.
Other devices will have powerful motors that are for runners and athletes. Some treadmills can also monitor your heart rate, especially for those wanting to lose weight. You may also put into consideration the extra factors, including the programmable exercise routines and entertainment features of the device. Read on for more ideas on how to purchase the best treadmill for your home gym.
Types Of Treadmill
Motorized types of treadmills have similar primary designs: a functioning belt with an electric motor. However, because they can come in different price ranges, with various designs and features, they may have different divisions. Often, the manufacturers divide them according to their cost. Here are some types of treadmill:
#1 The Budget Folding Treadmill
It is a version that may have a shorter running belt. However, it may already be sufficient for joggers and walkers. It has a display for distance, speed, time, and burned calories. Plus, the shelf may come with a water bottle. However, this model may do not contain a chest strap for heart rate monitoring programs.
So, if your main exercise is just purely walking, then the lower cost for treadmills will already deliver their function. However, the budget versions have lightweight materials. Thus, they may feel flimsy and unstable. Also, their decks may quite be smaller for an athlete’s stride.
#2 Folding Treadmill
These types of treadmills can provide you with extra features than the budget folding treadmills. Also, they can give you a lot of exercise programs such as heart rate monitors. Other models can also come with a chest strap that monitors our heart rate.
These versions of treadmills are durable. Thus, you can use them for running occasionally. However, you need to remember that the deck of these models may still be shorter.
#3 Non-Folding Treadmill
These models can provide you with sturdy frames and layers. Moreover, they come with a longer running belt and broader surfaces for running. So, these factors make them excellent choices for pro runners. They even have heavier construction and sturdy materials.
Plus, they have integrated heart rate monitor programs, maximum speeds, and steep inclines. Heavier individuals can also enjoy these treadmills because they have robust materials. However, you need to take note that these models may seem more expensive because of their built-in programs.
Factors To Consider When Purchasing A Treadmill
#1 Your Budget
Your budget may appear to be the real priority when it comes to buying any devices for your home gym. It will require a special consideration since treadmills are enormous and expensive. As for any fitness equipment, you need to find the best quality treadmill that won’t break your budget.
The treadmill with high-quality materials will not only be comfortable, but it is also durable and easy to utilize. Expensive ones will last longer, especially if you are willing to spend at least a thousand dollars on a treadmill. You have to remember that there are so many models that will fall below $1000 with the right materials. All you have to do is to hunt them.
#2 Motor Control Of The Treadmill
As you go shopping for treadmills, the next thing you have to bear in mind is the motor. When you want to determine how to have the longest lifespan of a treadmill, you need, to begin with, the right engine.
Treadmills usually have two motors in them. The first one is to command the belt. The other one is to lower and raise the incline of the treadmill. As you find out the horsepower and other specifications of your motor, the journey may be quite confusing.
But, to make it simpler, you may want to look for a continuous duty motor. Also, you may search for an engine with a horsepower of at least 1.5. If you are planning to run on the treadmill more often, you may choose the 3.0 power treadmill.
Other Specifications To Look For A Treadmill
The other factors to consider in a treadmill include:
- Belt Size
- Speed Of The Treadmill
- Cushioning Of The Device
It should be at least 48 inches long and 16 inches wide.
Another thing to consider is the speed. If you want to run on your device, get something that may go as high as ten mph or even higher.
The next thing to take note is this factor. You must obtain a treadmill that may go as high as 10 percent when it comes to an incline.
You may get a running bed with shock absorbing foam or cushion. Also, the belt should not rotate around when you strike.
You may also want a treadmill that could not shake as you walk or run. Moreover, the frame should be stable all of the time.
Top 5 Of The Best Treadmill Under 500
Here is the complete list of the best treadmill that won’t make you broke
**For more detailed reviews, you can see the following information below. Also, you can click the links embedded in the table to see current prices of these products and customer's comments on Amazon as well**
The Sunny Health and Fitness treadmill offers innovation for your home gym. In fact, it comes with a 2.2 HP peak DC motor that has 16 x 49 inches of surface for running. Also, it has a straightforward folding technique and a system called soft drop that helps you unfold and fold the treadmill properly.
This type of treadmill also has a handrail control to enable you to manipulate the stop, start, speed, and pulse rate buttons. And lastly, it has nine built-in programs that are user-friendly. Plus, it has three adjustable inclines.
- It is very affordable. In fact, it costs less than $500.
- The treadmill comes with comprehensible instructions for use.
- It is quite and smooth to use for running or walking.
- Also, it is quite lightweight for a gym equipment.
- Moreover, this treadmill has high-quality materials. They do not cause noise, and they don’t wobble.
- It took me almost an hour just to install and setup everything. Thus, this is not easy to set up, especially without the help of someone.
The Exerpeutic treadmill is an electronic device made for walking. It comes with 1.5 horsepower with high torque motor. Plus, the device has an adjustable speed. You can set it up to 4 miles an hour to 0.1 mph increment.
The treadmill has a 20-inch treadmill belt and long safety handles.Additionally, the LCD monitor can display the distance, time, calories burned, pulse rate, and speed of the user. Plus, it can hold up to 400 pounds, and it has a folding frame.
- It is a great treadmill for walking purposes.
- Also, the Exerpeutic treadmill is cheaper, but with good quality materials.
- Plus, it is easy to put up and install.
- It can run smoothly and quietly.
- Since this treadmill is for walking, you cannot do your runs on this device.
- Also, if you want to incorporate your cardio exercises with this treadmill, they may become less efficient.
The Merax treadmill has a folding design and an ideal size fit for your home gym. Also, it comes with rolling wheels at the bottom to provide ease of use and transport. The device has a multi-functional LCD. It allows you to keep track of your progress basing on your distance, speed, calories burned, and heart rate.
Moreover, it produces a low noise, and it has an emergency safety stop button to increase your safety. Its design is also convenient and safe to use. In fact, it comes with safety features like the handlebar control.
The deck of this treadmill also gives off enough cushioning for your back, knees, and ankles. Thus, it helps your muscles heal and recover faster.
- It is a treadmill that’s cheaper, but it does not compromise the quality of its materials.
- Also, the device will allow you to function at your maximum speed. So, it is appropriate for running and walking.
- For a limited space home gym, you may opt to get this one. It is very lightweight and compact. Plus, it does not take too much space.
- It somewhat looks better in the pictures than in person. It is quite narrow.
- When you use the tracker of the device, it feels like you are still using the manual treadmill. It does not display the items properly.
The Confidence treadmill can cater up to 6.2 mph of speed. Plus, it has 12 built-in workout programs for users. The lead display of the device can show the distance, calories, speed, and time. Moreover, you can adjust the incline up to 5 degrees. What’s even better is that it comes with 1 HP motor.
- Confidence treadmill is compact and lightweight. Thus, it suits the environment of your house for your home gym.
- It is less than half the price of other treadmills with the same quality as this one. Thus, it is very affordable.
- Also, it is very simple to put together and install.
- The device is a little bit squeaky and noisy.
- It is not as powerful as other full-sized treadmills. Thus, you cannot fully use it for everyday running.
- The treadmill is a little bit small and narrow to use.
The Weslo Cadence treadmill is the type of equipment that does not take too much room. So, it saves space in your house. In fact, you can also fold and unfold the whole treadmill.
Plus, it comes with six efficient workout programs. Then, you can position it in two various inclines. Lastly, the treadmill has enhanced cushioning all over the place.
- It can fit perfectly in a small room. So, you can store it anywhere you like. You can even set it up in tight spaces around your house.
- It has a great price for the value. In fact, it has high-quality materials.
- You can easily move it from one place to another as you fold it.
- The treadmill is quite small and narrow, especially for runners.
- It does not come with a pause button. Thus, when you need to stop for a while, you need to stop the whole device.
A treadmill is such a great choice, especially when you want to set up a home gym. However, some people believe that purchasing one will cost more when you have to consider its quality.
However, what they do not realize is that they can purchase a treadmill without breaking their bank accounts. One of the most excellent treadmills out on the market today is the Sunny Health and Fitness Electric Treadmill.
Not only that this is very handy and easy to use, but also they are affordable without limiting its functions. Thus, a lot of people are getting hooked with this device. All you have to do is to look for the right one, and you are all set to walk and run on your treadmill.