5 Of The Best Insoles For Plantar Fasciitis For 2016 And Where You Can Get One!
Are you experiencing pain in the soles of you feet? If you are, chances are you have plantar fasciitis. There are treatments offered to alleviate and cure this condition.
Most of the people who suffer from this are runners. The pain could be excruciating and limiting, and that is why you need to choose the best insoles for plantar fasciitis.
What Is Plantar Fasciitis?
The first thing I want to do is give you some information on Plantar Fasciitis and how insoles, which are part of orthotics treatment, can help you.
It is one of the known factors of foot pain and inflammation. It affects the plantar fascia, the biggest tendon in the foot. It is the tendon that connects the toes to the bone of your heel. It causes pain when the tendon is inflamed.
Plantar fasciitis commonly manifests in the very first step you take after you get out of bed. You will feel a very sharp pain. But once the tendon loosens up, the pain starts decreasing.
However, inflammation may happen after your foot becomes stagnant for an extended period of time and that sharp pain comes back.
It is a condition common to runners. But people who are suffering from obesity and other problems regarding weight suffer from this too. Another cause for this is wearing ill-fitting footwear.
Why Do People Need Foot Insoles?
The main reason why individuals who suffer from plantar fasciitis need insoles is to alleviate or eliminate the pain. One of the good things about insoles is that they last for a good number of years.
A lot of people who suffer from this limiting condition benefit from insoles because of the comfort that it gives their foot. Patients can have their insoles done personally. It gives them that added benefit of having their foot measured.
A personalized insole gives you the perfect fit. Aside from plantar fasciitis, other conditions regarding your foot is considered when you have
How To Use Insoles ?
Every person has a different adaptability time-frame to insoles. There are some who instantly get used to it. On the other hand, there are some who take a while to adjust to its purpose.
- The best way to get used to insoles is to start using them just a few hours per day during the first week.
- During the same period, you need to avoid using the insoles for strenuous activities. It will allow you to get your feet used to it for walking.
- Once your foot has fully adapted to it, you can start wearing it while doing your running.
- During the first week of introduction, you need to squeeze in some time going barefoot when pain is at a low level.
The video below will show you how to use your insoles...
How To Choose Insoles?
It is important that you choose the best insoles to deal with your plantar fasciitis. Here are some things that might help you decide the best insole for you.
- Choose an insole made of felt, rubber or plastic. These are the three most comfortable materials used in making insoles. Insoles made from these are available over-the-counter.
- An insole with arches and heels that are soft provide
ampleand enough cushion to the soles. With the combination of the two in place, the impact received by your foot from running is distributed evenly throughout the sole.
It eases the amount of pressure that your heel receives. It makes running comfortable for your heel and sole.
- If your plantar fasciitis is the result of a pronation of your foot, you might have to choose a custom-made insole to deal with it.
A pronation of the foot manifests in a unique twist in the shape of the foot that goes inward. A custom-made insole requires you to get a prescription from your doctor or physiotherapist.
If you need to have one done, you need to have one that has a comfortable arch support and padding in the heel section.
Doctors will have to make an imprint of your foot which becomes the basis for the design of the insole. It costs more than ready-made insoles.
And here is the way you can choose your insoles !
Here Are Our Recommended Insoles For Plantar Fasciitis
**For more detailed reviews, you can see the following information below. Also, you can click the links embedded in the table to see current prices of these products and customer's comments on Amazon as well**
This insole is
The support it offers can take the pounding of any sport you are into, especially running
- It has the Tri-Planar control for motion design. It makes moving around easier for the patient.
- Podiatrists are the ones who created this design. It makes the product appealing knowing that professional medical personnel crafted it based on foot conditions of their patients.
- Its primary purpose is to align the feet to its original form.
- Patients suffering from pronation use this to relieve them of the pain from caused by the deformity.
- Costs a lot less than custom-made insoles.
- The insoles are very soft and have a lot of cushion support in it.
- The insoles are used specifically for normal to strenuous activities. It means that runners can use this while going on their daily runs.
- They fit just about any shoes like leather and formal shoes, sports shoes, hiking shoes, and boots.
- It comes in a light blue color which makes it appealing to both men and women.
- It is a flexible piece of insole.
- Built from a sturdy material the insole will last a few good years of service.
- Using it on a daily basis is safe.
- It can handle sweaty feet very well because it repels moisture. It makes the insole last longer.
- The only thing not going for this is insole is that it comes in limited sizes. For women, the range is 8.5 to 10. For men, it is 7.5 to 9.
The full length support of this popular insole provides your foot with the right cushioning from heel to toes.
It provides utmost relief especially if you are currently experiencing chronic pain caused by plantar fasciitis.
It has a sleek design that fits every arch and curve of your foot. Having this insole makes you feel that you are running on clouds.
- It is designed using the Tri-Planar technology design concept. It makes mobility easier for those with pronation.
- It can adapt to the different types of arch classification and heel types.
- It comes with a hollowed heel that offers more support and stability.
- Applying it as a secondary insole to the one you are using gives more support. As an additional support, you can use this if you need more lift. If the original insole is not enough, it is safe to use this on top of it.
- It gives your sole the full-length relief it needs when experiencing pain.
- The primary purpose of this insole is to re-align your foot by offering the necessary support that the arch on your foot needs.
- Clinical tests have shown positive results. Results have demonstrated that it relieves pain by reducing the amount of pronation of the foot.
- You can safely use this on a daily basis.
- The insole is safe to use for every purpose in your daily schedule. It means you can use it around the house, work, and sports activities mainly running.
- It stabilizes the arch of a flat foot which spreads out the impact and prevents pain and inflammation of the plantar fascia.
- It comes with the eco-fresh technology that eliminates the presence of odor.
- It comes in a variety of sizes for both men and women. Sizes come in extra-small, small, medium, large and extra-large.
- The heel support is not as durable and tough. Some users have complained of these insoles being “too soft” when used with cross trainers and heavy activity.
Priced at the lower end of the scale, this insole gives you more than you actually paid for. It not only helps you manage your chronic pain caused by plantar fasciitis, it helps you heal it.
The one thing that makes it stand out is the fact that it does not weigh much which makes it more comfortable to wear.
- The synthetic material makes up the bulk of the design. It makes it a sturdy insole.
- Podiatrists created this special insole to relieve patients of pain from plantar fasciitis. It means that this product was design based on facts.
- The product is a cost-friendly alternative to expensive custom-made insoles.
- Everyday aches related to plantar fasciitis heal with the use of this useful product. Most of the pains that it eliminates are related to excessive pronation of the foot.
- The product has gone through some scientific tests and results have shown that it can reduce pronation. Pronation is a common contributor to inflammation of the plantar fascia.
- Professionals designed it with the use of the Tri-Planar Motion technology. It helps people suffering from excess pronation relieve the pain by realigning their feet to its original form.
- It has a deep cup for the heel to support it fully.
- It is lightweight, and it is not massively dense. It helps in correcting and maintaining the right position of the foot.
- It has paddings in the heel and forefoot sections of the insole to help distribute the absorption of impact and pressure. Distributing impact and pressure eliminate pain from happening.
- It is the best among the low priced insoles sold in the market today.
- It comes in a variety of sizes. It even comes in big sizes.
- The product is bendable. Though it speaks about its flexibility, prolonged bending may cause it to rip at the bent point.
If you are looking for support with a lot of comfort to go with it, this is the insole for you. The design involves a support system for the arch of your foot.
It readily takes care of concerns regarding pain that occurs in the arch of your foot. Because the arch is well supported, relief spreads out to the other parts.
- It is a proven cure or relief of pain resulting from plantar fasciitis. It also deals with other forms of foot pain.
- Has a lifetime warranty attached to it.
- It improves the function of your foot and re-aligns it to its original formation.
- Usage of this insole has healed people and negated the need for foot surgery.
- The professionals who manufacture the insole who have a thorough understanding of what plantar fasciitis is.
- It offers ample support to the four arches of your foot where other insoles, including custom-made ones, support only one or two arches.
- A lot less expensive than insoles in its category with less support.
- The insole adapts to the shape of your foot and takes its’ form. It results in a snug fit and close contact support.
- With the kind of support, it offers, it immediately relieves you from pain caused by plantar fasciitis and other conditions.
- You can use the insoles for different purposes like work, leisure, and sports.
- The support offered by this insole comes from its partially-ridged design.
- It has air vents designed into it to allow air to pass through. It is another feature that adds to the comfort of the patient.
- The insole is made of hard plastic and has high arches design into it.
- The four arch design may take you some time to get accustomed. It means that once you get the insole, you need to get the adaptability process going right away.
If you are experiencing chronic pain in your foot because of plantar fasciitis, Samurai Insoles is your best bet in managing and relieving you from this. This insole is specifically made for those who have flat-feet.
Prolonged running causes pain the arch. The support of this insole is concentrated on the arch and relieves it from the pain.
- It controls flat feet. Plantar fasciitis is a product of excessive pronation of your foot. This product is designed not just to relieve you from pain but to address the cause itself.
- It costs a lot less that custom-made insole.
- It targets the arches of your feet and provides the ample support for it.
- The insole is designed by podiatrists and specifically targets the pain caused by the inflammation of the tendon. It automatically adapts itself to the flat contours of the arches of flat feet.
- The design concept is simple. It works well with traditional sizes of feet. If you wear a size nine for women, that is what you will get. You do not need to convert sizes or get confused with what size to get.
- All you need to do is to take out the insole of your shoes and replace them the Samurai Insoles, and that is it.
- Versatile design. The versatility of the design makes it easy for you to fit the insoles in any of your shoes. You can put in inside your running shoes, casual sneakers, formal shoes, pointed shoes, boots, snowshoes, and more.
- It is designed by a particular podiatrist to relieve his patients from pain caused by plantar fasciitis. It was a big hit for the patients because it targeted the reasons of the pain itself.
- A technologically enhanced laboratory is where this insole is manufactured making it a reliable way of relieving pain.
- The downside is that this product doesn’t last very long. It can only be used between 6 and 12 months tops.
After using all of the information written above, choosing a particular winner in this review is quite hard for me to do. There is no clear winner. But here could only be one winner for the best insole for plantar fasciitis in 2016.
In this case, I have to pick Orthotics for Flat Feet By Samurai Insoles®. Orthotics for Plantar Fasciitis Heel Pain Arch Support Insoles from Natural Foot Orthotics comes in at a close second.
In fact, I think it has features that apparently beat out the Samurai. However, the fact that I needed about a month to get used to it was a big letdown for me.
With all things considered equal, the Samurai relieves pain and tackles plantar fasciitis as good as the others. It makes the insole at par with the rest of them.
But the one thing that makes it stand out is the simplicity of its’ design. In this case, less is more. You do not need to have a good looking insole because no one will see it.
Another thing is that the list of sizes is not confusing. What you get is the size of shoes your wear and not a whole range of numbers. Getting used to it only takes a matter of days. The heels and arches are soft yet ample enough to give support.